Editing of text size, not yet working

I guess this feature isn’t finished yet. So far I can not adjust the text size properly, after having input it with the Text tool.
I will get the new interface (which looks a bit like a calculator), but when I try to input values, nothing happens. I can use the [+] button, but this takes ages until I am up at something like 5.0 points. Also from there on the numbers start scrolling up by themselves and I can not stop this.
Am I the only person with this problem (as I could not find another thread on this)?

It works for me. After typing in the text highlight it and then highlighting the size number and type in the new number and pressing return, I get the desired size change.

lafin, are you working with an iPad without a connected keyboard?
I am working with just the iPad on its own: still not successful…

It’s certainly possible that this is not working as intended: I will take a look and try to sort it out.

Apologies. I totally missed that you’re talking about the iPad version.

I inspected this function in the new iPad version 4.1 and can confirm it’s working now, thank you very much.
One thing to observe: to input a text size directly into the number keypad, one will have to start by pressing the [Cancel] button first.

1 Like

I’m having problems with this keypad.

1. The iPad keyboard doesn’t work at all.
  2. I cannot input negative values, even in properties that should accept them. There’s also no “-“ sign for such cases.
  3. I don’t know how to input something like 2 7/8, aside from writing 23/8, I guess.
  4. I managed to crash Dorico while typing on the keypad. I admit I was typing numbers at random out of despair.

lucas,
can you please explain 1) “the iPad keyboard doesn’t work at all”
An iPad has no keyboard. Do you have an external keyboard connected to your iPad?

I can change the Properties of a value to - (a minus value) by tapping the little arrow further diwn.

Hello,

Yes, I was referring the external keyboard, sorry.
In my case, the start offset of the Ties section cannot go to negative. Is the same case for you?

Another thing: when dragging through the properties to get to the “Ties” section, any numeric field I happen to touch gets activated and the keypad shows up. Since the gesture is that of dragging, not pressing, this shouldn’t happen.

lucas, thank you for the example. I had the chance now to have a look at my iPad:

1. yes, one can’t input negative values with the onscreen keypad, but you can easily drag the beginning of a tie backwards.
    I notice: after having done this, the values of the “Offset” property do not show a change, so I wonder, what for they are actually being meant to be.
  2. when “scrolling” through the Property panel by dragging with the finger one has to be careful indeed only to touch inactive areas. That way it’s possible.