editing / samples issue

Hi,

1. Can someone xplain Under edit -Functions- Paste relative to cursor

2. Can someone xplain Edit- range global copy- manual says This copies everything in the selection range. Can you explain ?

3. Is it possible to selects all Events under cursor thereby their tracks too get selected ?

4. I’m using vst and I’m working on 24 bit 48khz. In cubas2 Some samples – vst are not in 24 / 48 so do I need to change that in the vst or is fine to work with it the way it is.

5. Clean up lanes or bounce selection – I see it does the same thing or am I missing something?

Thanks for assisting
Cheers.

Hi,

1. When you Copy, Cubase remembers the position relation between the object, and the project cursor. Then when you move the cursor, and select Paster relative to cursor, it will check the current cursor position first, and then put the event in to the same relation, as it was during copying. Normal Paste place the event at the cursor position.

2. This copies all data (an all tracks) which are in the range of Left and Right lcocators.

3. You can enable preferences > Editing > Track Selection follows Event Selection.

4. Clean up lanes deletes an empty lanes, if there is any. Bounce Selection create new files from events.

hi,

thanks martin for the help again. i see your helping lots of members in the forum including me. really thankful for your time and consideration.

1. You can enable preferences > Editing > Track Selection follows Event Selection. - this is fine - what i was looking was to select all events under the cursor, for eg i have 10 events of 10 diff track under the cursor can it be selected.
    right now it selects events of the selected track.

any thought on 4. I’m using vst and I’m working on 24 bit 48khz. In some samples – vst are not in 24 / 48 so do I change that BIT / sample rate in the vst or is fine to work with it the way it is.

thanks

Hi,

1. There are commands like “Select from Cursor to End”, which works for all tracks, same as “Select from Start to Cursor”, or “Select in Loop”. But there is no way, how to select all events on all tracks under the cursor. You could just make a very short loop, and then Select in Loop. :wink:

Or, you could use Track Visibility Agent > Show Tracks with Data at the Cursor Position. Maybe this could help as a workaround?

1. Why do you use 48kHz, 24bit? If your output is for video (PAL or NTFS), or another output, where is 48kHz needed, then I would recommend to keep 48kHz. If there is any different output needed, I would recommend to switch according to the output.