editing with cubasis?

Greetings,
I am a long time user of cubase, Nuendo, reason, logic, cakewalk, adobe, I’ve used them all. I have recently purchase cubasis 2 for my iPad. How do I do comp editing with cubasis? is it possible?

And how do I edit audio anyway? When you double click it expands the wave file, but there is no splicing option in the larger editor window? This makes no sense to me???

I don’t want to splice in the main window as the wave file is not y’all enough to see well. You can certainly stretch it longer, but not wider. And when you double click it and the larger wave window opens, there is no way to slice. Seems it should be a simple click and drag function.

And when I erase, it just erases the whole file or it puts it out of sync. Either I’m missing something completely, or this is an unusable program for anything more than a demo.

Please help, there are no video tutorials on the web!!

Hi sofiavon,

Thank you for your message.

Cubasis does not provide a dedicated comping mode, but creates new audio events per cycle recording.

To compare these events it might make sense to create a few extra tracks which are muted. There, you could place the various takes, and put them to another (unmuted) track piece by piece.

Cubasis supports real-time time-stretch and pitch-shift which can be set in the main arrange window.

Please find the feature(s) shown and explained in these tutorials:

CUBASIS 2 Time-strech │ Remix with ease - haQ attaQ 176

Creating a Groove in Cubasis 2 | New Features in Cubasis 2

Please note that we have many more tutorials available on YouTube.
Please find links to a few of them in this article.

Hope that helps!

Best,
ars

1 Like