Editor VST

Hi again,

How do you make the Editor VST reappear after you’ve closed it on a MIDI track? It’s the one that opens when I start a new project. Thanks.

• Lee

Anyone know how to display the Editor VST? It can’t be only present when you first design the project. There has to be a way to display it. Perhaps I need to use the standalone version? Can it be opened after a project is started?

I use the Editor VST to select voices for my tracks. If there are Program changes already in the track, I can verify if the correct voices are selected.

Thanks.

• Lee

Hi,

By the VST Editor, do you mean the GUI of the VST Instrument? If yes, click to the orange “rail” button (sorry, this should be a keyboard, but it looks more like a rail to me) in the Inspecotr, in the Output section.

Or open VST Instruments Rack window (F11), and click to “e”, to open it. Or long-click (or maybe Alt+click) to the “E” button of the Channel in the MixConsole. Or assign your own Key Commands.

Thanks Martin! I shall give it a try.

• Lee

Hi,

There is one more… In the track list, there is a keyboard button, in the 2nd row of buttons. In between the “e” button (Edit Channel Settings) and “R” button (Automation Read).

I tried that button, Martin. It lights, but nothing happens. I’ll give your other solutions a try. Thanks.

• Lee

Hi,

Does the color of the button change? If yes, the window is open. Probably, it is hidden, somewhere. Can you see the name of the window in the “Window” menu of Cubase?

Sorry for the late response, Martin. I’ve been away gigging…whoo whoo! More money = more gear (wife not withstanding).

The little keyboard icon does turn bright yellow (or orange). I’ll open Cubase today and take a look for the mystery Editor VST. You’re right, it has to be somewhere! Thanks.

• Lee

Hi,

OK, if the color changed, the window has to be somewhere. Try to click on it in the Window menu. It could be, it’s hidden behind any “always on top” window.

You are using Cubase 8, so you could try to call any Global Workspace, to re-arrange all windows.