Eek! Piano and Tuba!

Suite for Tuba (1st and 3rd movements)

Excepting the lack of stereo image, comments on the result?

I added Magneto (medium) and used the EQ-30 insert to subtract moderate amounts of certain frequencies. I also added the Stereo Enhancer (Larger Than Live preset, as noted before) and the Reverb SE (Cathedral preset at 5%) to add some body.

Also, this is not only being used for his college applications but also as his audition entry for the 2013 Northeast Regional Tuba and Euphonium Conference.

http://faculty.ithaca.edu/atindall/nertec2013/

Apparently, only 8 tuba players will be accepted from all of the applicants.

No pressure, then! :open_mouth:

Great tuba player. I enjoyed listening.

Listening to it now. GREAT tone, wonderful choice of music, fabulous musicality and if you don’t mind me saying…very nice recording. :wink:

I played the Hindermith trombone sonata for my graduation concert so I have a little idea of how much work the young man has done. Very impressive. Would love to know how he gets on. :slight_smile:

If I was mixing this, I would add crowd noise, applause, a raven call, distortion on the tuba, chorus on the piano with ping-pong delay and limit to -3.

:laughing: @ Tom

Funny thing about TJ is: the tuba is, I think, his 4th instrument. He started on guitar, went to french horn, trumpet, and then ended up on tuba. And he’s similarly talented on the other 3.

Tom’s slipping - he forgot the cowbell… :astonished:

The raven ate it. :laughing:

:laughing:

:laughing:

This is why they should cut all music programs from schools.