eLC serial number not unique??

Searched but couldn’t find.
Raised a support ticket, but wondered if anyone has had similar…

When performing Maintenance in the ELCC Steps 1-5 are OK, but Step 6 reports:
FAILED (Sending eLicenser Information)

with a pop-up:
“Unfortunately, the serial number of your Soft-eLicenser is not unique. Please contact your software vendor to solve this issue.”

Also when trying to register Cubase 7 I get an error:
“A problem occurred which prevented the information from being transmitted.
Error Code: 1003”

Internet access is available and anti-virus (AVG) is switched off.

Cubase 7.0.0.
New clean installation of Win7 Sp1.
Intel Core2 Quad Q9650 @ 3.00GHz.
RME Fireface800, latest firmware/driver.
M-Audio Midisport8x8/s, latest driver.


I figured out the 1003 error was just caused by the license already being registered, so that’s ok. Still a bit mystified by the ‘serial number not unique’ error though.
Any ideas anyone?

It is that the database thinks you are trying to register again (from any location) and therefore calls a duplicate.

Thanks emotive, I would have thought the eLC software would be intelligent enough to give an ‘already registered’ message rather than a ‘duplicate: failed’ message. But I guess that’s just me! I’ll see what Steinberg support come back with (if they come back at all).

Hey! how did this all work out?
I am having a similar problem. I bought cubase7 online and it says i have 21 days left to fully activate it.
When I go to activate it the same problem occurs that you had… i am afraid in 21 days I am going to loose my purchase!

I am having exactly the same problem having tried to fully activate cubase 7 on a new computer. I assumed it was a problem because I had installed the software on a previous computer back in July 2014. However, having uninstalled the software from my old laptop, it has made no difference, and I still get the error message. I contacted support a couple of weeks ago on the subject and they sent me a ‘new’ activation code - which turned out to be a duplicate of my original code!

…Have written to support again today, so let’s see what they come back with!