Electronic Sounds for GA4 ?

Hi,

I have not yet purchased GA4, one reason for that is the kits seem to be mostly Acoustic, and there is a Perc. kit, which is more for latin flavored music.

Will there be additional new Kits that will expand GA4 with Electronic Kits ? For Dance, Trance, Ambient, Electronica, … ?

Also some Epic Drums would be great for Movie Trailer applications.

Any feedback on this would be great.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Steinberg has already released the first expansion and more, for different styles, are planned.

I will wait for the newer expansions before buying GA4.

It would be very cool if they re;ease GA4 Sound Expansions for :

Electronic, Dance, Trance Kits, Epic-Cinematic Kits, World Drums From Asia, Middle East, Africa, …etc. ), Ambient Kits, … .

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Perhaps you should look into different software like Toontrack or Addictive drums? They have “fully” developed style library already. They are better sounding too and the interfaces of those two are far better, especially Toontrack. Non of them however have the pads with styles, so if that is your thing you better stick to GA4.

Hi,

Q. Is the Pads with Styles you mention, basically triggering patterns via Pads ? or is there something else about Styles that I’m missing. Sorry, I don’t see what’s so unique about GA4. . So if I’m missing something unique, can you explain or clarify what Pads with Styles is referring to ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

When you load a drum kit you also load premade styles (or patterns or grooves or MIDI patterns). These styles are located on the PADs inside GA4. The whole style, or a part of it, can be played by the corresponding key on a MIDI keyboard or by clikcing the PAD itself. The advantage of this is, after my opinion, mostly found in live situations where you can act as a drummer by pressing PADs (or keys) and quicly move from intros, verse, fills, bridge and so on as the styles on the PADs are arranged in different sections of a song. The styles provided by Steinberg can also utlize the “complexity” bar. Moving the bar changes the complexity of the groove. Also (and agian after my opinion) mostly useful in live situations. This is in fact the best thing with GA 4. When it comes to all other functions I think there are many alternatives far better. My favorite is Toontrack and their Superior Drummer. Their EzDrummer (best GUI and facility, loads of premade grooves for it) is a more modern and perhaps better alternative now, depending on how you see the future and what kind of development you think your drum software will have. If you do not like using pre made grooves you should have a look at Ministry of Rock by EastWest. Best sounding but heavy on the CPU. This is perhaps the best alternative if you like recording your own grooves. There are some premade grooves for MOR as well (by Groove Monkee) but MOR does not have a MIDI player inside the interface, making prelistening very cumbersome.

Hi Rumdrum,

Thanks for the feedback, and suggestion.

Yes, I might look into Toontrack and/or other options. So far GA4 does not seem to be mature enough to offer more sonic options. Hopefully, it will do just that in the future, and I wouldn’t mind buying it at that point in the future.

Cheers,
Muziksculp