Elements 10 trial problem

I’m currently trying out Elements 10 on a new computer (which is able to run AI 8 no problem) but after ten or fifteen minutes Cubase suddenly shuts down - no error message, no freeze; it just suddenly disappears. No other problems with the PC at all.
Any ideas why?

Windows 10 Home 64
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz (4-core) with Radeon Vega 8 graphics
8Gb RAM
1920x1080 display

Hi,

Make sure your plug-ins are up-tp-date, please.

Could you attach a crash dump file located in Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps folder, please?

Ok, I hadn’t thought that was a problem because AI 8 worked perfectly with the same plugins. I’ll remove all the ones I don’t need first and see if that helps and update the others and report back.

So, I’ve removed ALL plugins except the stock Steinberg ones. It’s still crashing, but only after I load a plugin, pretty much any of the built-in ones crash it. There is a short noise before the window closes. This happens now after just a few seconds of loading and plugin, whether insert or channel strip.
The crash dump folder is empty. How do I enable Cubase to create a crash dump file?

I’ve noticed it only happens when a plugin’s editor is open during playback.
At the time of the last crash, CPU was at 6% and GPU was at 3%, RAM was at 49%. Audio is Steinberg UR242.

Following this thread: Cubase exits without writing crash dump files... - Cubase - Steinberg Forums
I took a look at the Windows Security and Maintenance report. It says the problem was with ucrtbase.dll. Can anyone tell me what to do about that?

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase LE AI Elements 10\Cubase LE AI Elements 10.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BEX64
Application Name: Cubase LE AI Elements 10.exe
Application Version: 10.0.20.187
Application Timestamp: 5c9361dc
Fault Module Name: ucrtbase.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.17134.677
Fault Module Timestamp: 9f346d3f
Exception Offset: 000000000006e14e
Exception Code: c0000409
Exception Data: 0000000000000007
OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: b410
Additional Information 2: b4104c5810a953fc85cd24e89aee1784
Additional Information 3: ae9f
Additional Information 4: ae9f6db834c3b539d4e06377c391ead9

Hi,

Try to follow this thread, please.

Btw, you are not alone.

Thanks. Unfortunately it didn’t. I spent 4 hours today trying many Windows and Radeon settings changes. There doesn’t seem any point in me upgrading my license, because AI 8 works perfectly!

I seem to have fixed the problem, for my PC anyway. Perhaps this will help anyone with Radeon graphics - I changed from the Ryzen driver to Windows Basic Display Adapter. I’m no gamer, so I don’t seem to miss anything by doing this. Not the best situation, but using Cubase is my priority.

Also my problem with ryzen 2400g. But some nvidia users have the same issue. strange.

As far as I understand the problem is the conflict of drivers and Windows system dlls. I suppose you need to update the motherboard drivers and install the latest OS updates. I do not think that it is necessary to update the UEFI BIOS of the motherboard.

Yes, this is really strange. Often you can hear complaints about AMD drivers errors. Perhaps the reason lies in the memory controllers work. But this is just my IMHO.