ELEMENTS 9 to 10 upgrade not possible

I have Elements 9 and I bought the update to Elements 10.
The Software has been registered correctly and the Elicenser is updated
All various parts have been installed, only Elements 10 does not install :open_mouth:

It says ā€œSteinberg Cubase Elements 10 is not installedā€ and there is no way to change it.

I have updated from 7 to 8 to 9 and never had any issue.

Any idea how to solve it?

you need the full elements 10 installer. The 10.0.10 update is an update to 10.0 not 9.x

I have downloaded the update from this site, it says update Elements. This is what I did for 8 and 9

Or you are maybe telling me that there is no upgrade between 9 and 10?

It seems you are trying to install just the 10.0.10 update. First you need to install the full Elements 10 program.

Actually it would be a good idea to uninstall version 9 first, then download and install Elements 10.

There is no reason to uninstall version 9. Iā€™d strongly advise against uninstalling it until you are happy with version 10.

The other point is valid though. It sounds as though you are trying to upgrade using the 10.0.10 update not the full installer for version 10(this why youā€™re getting the error message that you quoted).

I have used the full installer, this is not the issue.

My question is: is it possible to upgrade from Elements 9 to 10?

As I see from your answers this is not possible and I should buy the 10 full version :astonished:

You can totally update from Elements 9 to 10.

The licence and the upgrade are 2 things. You need an update licence and a full installer. What fails. The update of the licence or the install of the program.