eLicense both online and offline

Hi

I’m considering purchasing Helion 6, but I have some questions regarding the license.

My DAW-computer is connected to the internet when I’m home, but when I take it to my recording studio I don’t have any internet available.

Will this be a problem in regards to authorizing the Helion license?

Does my DAW need to be connected to the internet at all times in order to keep Helion activated or can I activate it, go to my studio (or to a venue for a live show) and use it while the computer is offline?

Thanks!

Internet access is needed for license activation.
Once this is done you can keep the computer offline.

An internet connection is only required during activation, because the eLicenser Control Center needs to validate your activation code and download your license.

You’ll need to reactivate your license to switch between machines: https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/software_reactivation.html
Only the computer that you plan to use needs to be online (for activation only) for this to work. The process is pretty simple, you’re basically just activating Halion 6 again which takes less than a minute.

Alternatively you can buy an USB-eLicenser dongle, which will allow you to use your Halion 6 license on any computer that has it installed without having to reactivate. Just plug it in and it works.