eLicense error

“Application ‘HALion Sonic Content Set Organ’ has caused the following error:
A required license has been disabled. Please verify your local date settings and start the “eLicenser Control Center” to validate the license.”
Then:
“Decryption failed:
No valid license found.”

Why do I constantly get this message when loading a project. It occurs with other Steinberg licensed plugin products too (NS Electric Piano, Halion 5, Grand etc). I have a studio DAW and a portable DAW and this issue occurs on both systems.
I HAVE THE LICENSE FOR THE PROGRAM AND THE LATEST ELICENSE SOFTWARE. I RERUN eLICENSE maintenance and sometimes it will open, sometimes NOT.
Usually the project will eventually open without the error message. It is intermittent. Same project file, just multiple attempts to open it. Irritating to say the least.
A search found a Nuendo 6 user with a similar problem.

Same project file I’m trying to open without error and now it gives me this different error (vs above post):

"Application ‘AmpSimPro’ has caused the following error:
“A required license has been disabled. Please verify your local date settings and start the “eLicenser Control Center” to validate the license.”
“Decryption failed:
No valid license found.”

Reboot and the same project files loads with no eLicense error.
Save. Close. Reopen. Error

I get these errors from time to time. I’ve found that, temporarily, moving the dongle to another USB port usually helps (for a while at least).

Issues I’ve had with usb in general is that numerous drivers and units that support usb connection - interfere with usb in general.

In Windows I go to Start Run and type msconfig and run/enter.
There I disable startup tab rows that contain these devices that are not relevant for audio.

I run mobile internet on usb(always in place, even when not connected) and this is often f-d up by installing stuff for smartphone, digital cameras, flash memory drives, remote controls for tv, stepcounters and I don’t know what. Certain guitar amps as well, some firmware installers etc. These things that are activated seem to at times affect overall usb performance.

I’ve seen no problem with these other devices doing this.

But I really hope for that soft licenses on disk will be allowed for Cubase.
It would make me jump on the buy button doing upgrade right now.
This usb stuff is a horror story.
:slight_smile: