elicense won't let me register

I have downloaded elements 9 as part of UR12 purchase, but elicense won’t allow me to register the product at first run claiming I have an old version of the elicense software. I have the latest version 6.10.5.1204, but it still won’t allow the registration. Anyone else have this issue?

Can you tell us what o/s you are on, what exactly the error message says and when exactly it happens??

I am running OS X El Capitan.

This is the message. The elicenser program asks for the access code on launching cubase and one entered, the error message appears.

"The currently installed version of the eLicenser Control (eLC) software is too old.

Please try again after downloading and installing the latest version of the eLicenser Control software from <www.eLicenser.net>."

I have downloaded the most recent version of elicenser.

Could you try to open elicenser control centre. Check it is the correct version and run maintenance. Then try to enter your activation code directly in there.

I also see there are previous posts if you search the forum that this message came up when users entered the wrong activation number.
Make sure you are not confusing O letter and 0 number in your activation code.

Did you get this figured out OP? I am having the same issue.