eLicenser Control Center crashes my computer

Dorico has also installed an “eLicenser Control Center”:

“C:\Program Files (x86)\eLicenser\eLCC\eLCC.exe”

The first time I started it I tried to insert the Dorico activation code into the USB Licenser where the Cubase 8.5 License resides. That crashed the program.

Then I restarted the eLicenser Control Center which immediately FROZE my computer!!!

So how can I operate the eLicenser Control Center without constantly crashing the computer?

Windows 7 x64 SP1

I suggest you try reinstalling eLCC using the latest installer available from elicenser.net.

I have downloaded and installed the latest eLicenser Control Center version: 6.10.2.18201

Then I started the eLicenser Control Center and entered my Dorico activation code:
enteractivationcode.png
Then I selected the USB Licenser where the Dorico license should be installed.

The download of the Dorico license started but crashed the program after a few seconds:
crash.png
I am now afraid of starting the eLicenser Control Center again because the last time I did it FROZE my computer!

What should I do now?

I’m sorry, I think you will need to contact our support team directly for help with the eLicenser Control Center. They are much more experienced in dealing with such issues than I am. Sorry that I’m unable to personally assist you with this issue.

Where can I contact the support team?

Hi,

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support.html

regards S-EH

Now I cannot even start Dorico!!

When I try to start Dorico I get this message:

Which in English means: “No license found. Click on ‘Enter activation code’ to open the eLicenser Control Center…”

Which I did:

Which in English means: The license activation code was correctly recognized. Click the button “Activate license” to proceed.

But as always the LCC crashed when I clicked the button “Activate license”.

So now I cannot even use Dorico for which I’ve paid. And at the Steinberg support site there was a warning it could take a long time because currently there are many support requests…

Windows 7 x64 SP1

Everything else on my computer works without any problems. I do a lot of creativity and programming work and my computer is well maintained.

Now I have UNINSTALLED License Control Center and then reinstalled it (latest version 6.10.2.18201). But when I tried to download the Dorico License (this time to the Soft-eLicenser) the License Control Center program crashed again!

Now I have temporarily disabled ALL startup programs and restarted the computer, to make sure that no possibly conflicting software is running while operating the LCC program. But unfortunately the LCC program again crashed when trying to download the Dorico license!

Now I have tried the following:

Removed all USB Licenser dongles from the computer and then started the LCC program.

Then tried to download the Dorico license to the eSoft-Licenser. Needless to say that the LCC program crashed again.

This is the debug information from the crash dialog:

Problemereignisname: BEX
Anwendungsname: eLCC.exe
Anwendungsversion: 2.8.1.0
Anwendungszeitstempel: 577632be
Fehlermodulname: StackHash_0a9e
Fehlermodulversion: 0.0.0.0
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 00000000
Ausnahmeoffset: 00000000
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmedaten: 00000008
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Gebietsschema-ID: 3079
Zusatzinformation 1: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Zusatzinformation 3: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Now I’ve tried the following: Deactivated Microsoft Security Essentials and added LLC to the exclude list of Microsoft Security Essentials:

C:\Program Files (x86)\eLicenser\eLCC\eLCC.exe

Then tried again to download the Dorico license to the eSoft-Licenser. Needless to say that the LCC program crashed again.

Steinberg support helped me out:

Remove/Rename these files:

C:\Program Files (x86)\eLicenser\Tools\eLicenserCore.dll
C:\Program Files\eLicenser\Tools\eLicenserCore.dll

So why does the LCC installer install these files if they are known to crash the program??

I had the same Licenser problems with Cubase about a year ago. It seems that Steinberg has not solved this problem with LCC in the meantime…

Good to hear that you’ve got a solution. Thanks for persevering!

The same thing happened to me today. I installed and activated Dorio yesterday, and everything worked fine, and I also have a Cubase pro 8.5 license on my USB key. Never had a probplem before. Today when I would start Dorio, I got the same message as Peter_ , that no license could be found. The same thing happened when I tried to start Cubase. I tried to start Dorio again …Crash. Tried to start Dorico a third time, and now it worked. Very strange! If it would happen again, I’ll try to delete/rename the files that Peter recommended. Good to know, thanks!

Wow. After over 1YR of a support ticket working with Steinberg support, my case is closed but they couldn’t solve it. This worked. Thanks so much!!