eLicenser Control - Error

I got this error sometimes. I hit retry, and it keeps popping up every 10 seconds or so. I think it resolves when I restart my laptop. (M1 MacBook Air on rosetta) Has anyone else encountered this?

Do you have a USB-eLicenser connected to your computer? Or do you only have a Soft-eLicenser?

Only the soft licenser. I’m on latest version. I tried opening the eLicenser Control Center to see what’s going on there, but same error popped up. It doesn’t show any licenses. I have been using Dorico 4 since it was released.

Is there a chance that one or more VST’s used with your Dorico 4 still requires the eLicenser?

I don’t use any VST’s in Dorico, and didn’t install anything new since I started using Dorico 4.

If you aren’t using any eLicenser content at all then there is a way of telling the new Steinberg Licensing system not to consult the eLicenser at all. You can do this by editing /Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Activation Manager/settings.json in a text editor and changing the enableELicenser value from true to false. (Note this will only work in the most recent version of SAM.)

Alternatively you could try re-running the eLicenser Control Centre installer to see if that fixes the problem. https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360008841379#current_elcc