eLicenser Control / Synsopos Error

Hi,

I use a Macbook pro (Mojave OS); I don’t seem to be able to launch my Cubase LE AI 10.5 anymore:

On launching it displays 2 error messages:

The first:

“eLicenser Control - Error. Application Media Service has caused the following error:
Application not registered”.

The second:

“Application ‘Synsopos.app’ could not be started. Probably the file is corrupted or incompatible, or file access permissions are set incorrectly. Please download and install the latest version of the eLicenser Control software from etc.”

I do have the latest eLicenser version but still experiencing this problem.

In the “Privacy” (System Preferences) I see Cubase LE AI Elements next to “Accessibility” but not next to “Automation” (where I only see my Cubase 4 app).

I’ll appreciate if anyone could shed a light. Thanks.

Hi,

Make sure the very latest eLCC version is installed. Is Cubase allowed to control eLCC application in the System Preferences > Security & Privacy, as described here, please?

Hi

The very latest eLCC version is installed.

In the “Privacy” (System Preferences) I see Cubase LE AI Elements only next to “Accessibility” but not next to “Automation” (where I only see my other Steinberg software : Cubase 4).

Hi,

Could you add it manually?

Hi,

How do I do that?

Thanks

Hi,

Click the + button in the System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Accessibility and navigate to the application you want to add.

Hi Martin,

Well, my Cubase LE is already in accessibility (but doesn’t display the synsopos box to tick).
Where i can see the synsopos box is under my Cubase 4 app (still in Security & Privacy, but next to “automation”)

I attach both screenshots.

Thanks

Hi,

I wouldn’t be wondering, if Cubase 4 wouldn’t work on macOS 10.15. It’s definitely not officially supported. Is it at least 64-bit? There are an known issue even with Cubase 7 on macOS 10.15, so I would say Cubase 4 is really no go.

I am no longer using Cubase 4, I’m only using Cubase LE 10.5. I was pointing out that i do see the synsopos box under my Cubase 4 app and do not see it under the Cubase LE 10.5. Also, the two Cubase apps show in two different spots (cubase 4 next to “automation” and Cubase 10 LE next to “accessibility”).

Hi,

Add Cubase 10.5 under the Automation part too, please.

Hi,

No “plus” sign to add anything under Automation (screenshot attached)

Hi,

I have to say I’m out of idea. I don’t know this new macOS security stuff very well. I’m sorry.

Maybe try to search on Google, how to add any app to this Automation section?

Hi Martin,

Did that already, looks like I’m the only lucky guy experiencing this. Also, I can’t get in contact with Steinberg support (the “create support request” links back to the Steinberg home page).

Hi,

This could hopefully help.

Thanks Martin, I’ll check it out!

I’m having having the same issue on my system
Mac High Sierra 10.13.6
elicenser 6.12
I tried ELC installation helper also…
but still not working

some body help please