eLicenser - non-repairable change detected - Cubase 9.5

After a working update to 9.5 today the LLC prevented licensing while upstarting Cubase, possibly right after the 9.5.10 update. 9.5 had been updated after the latest Windows 10 Creators update and appeared working.

Maintenance of eLicenser ended up switching off the software license. A non-repairable change had been detected (original message in German), please contact vendor.

It’s not the first time the dongle went mad. But that’s another story.

New install of the LLC has not been made yet. Which should be the last option.
Anyone else ran into the issue? Suggestions?
LLCProblem.png

Well… the first thing to do is to ensure you have the latest version of the eLicenser software installed and running in “Run as Administrator” mode.

Regards. :sunglasses:

It had been all up to date. However, de-installing, re-installing the SW made it. No reboot required. With the next start it immediately picked up the licenses correctly. Eventually, it might have been some confusion in the Windows libraries. You never know what’s happening in the underground.

How old is your eLicenser dongle?

I have own Cubase since v4 and the new dongle since they became required.
Since upgrading to Cubase 9.5 it has given me errors twice.
The last time after doing maintenance it reported being broken and to contact supplier.
I had a spare dongle I purchase in case but could not transfer the licenses because they simply did not show.
After replugging it directly to macpro usb port and restarting the elicenser control all of a sudden the dongle appeared ok. Still since it spooked me, as I was getting ready to go to a gig and I use it live, I transfered the licenses to the new dongle. Keeping fingers crossed.

Later on I started exp drop outs due to severe spikes in the audio performance meter while on a project that had no hiccups previously.

Something seems to have been broken with the update, and it is worse since last update, 9.5.10