eLicenser Server Status

My thoughts exactly.

I have paid my update also and I can’t use it.

I think that Steinberg is doing everything they can to fix this. Or maybe they are just testing their customers how long they can take it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Patience. Patience.

4 Likes

Yes, and I would have to wait while they fix my car. :pray:

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll keep an eye on that page

If you bought a car that didn’t get you to where you wanted to, would you walk and have patience, or would you “bitch”

Would bitching get the car repaired more quickly?

Again, I think what people completely miss here is that non-functional servers cost Steinberg a lot of money. Of course they’re working as quickly on that as they can. Pretty naive to think they don’t.

I think you’re missing my point, we all understand they are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible, but if this was communicated correctly and fully, people would be a little more forgiving about the situation. People also have a right to express their dissatisfaction without it being called bitching. The excitement of using a new product has been dashed for many, and there are also people who rely on this service for teaching, and being taught (I refer to earlier posts). I don’t feel it’s out of sorts to voice an opinion of grievance.

5 Likes

I see your point very well and I see the frustration growing in this topic. I’m frustrated also and disappointed that I can’t get to use the update. But I try to keep calm. Steinberg’s staff is the only instance that can do something to fix this and that’s it.

I’m sure that they are watching this topic closely.

My point is that arguing and “bitching” doesn’t get us anywhere near solution.
So let’s stop this hassle before it even starts. (I have seen it too many times)

Peace.

1 Like

I whole heartedly agree on the, no need for bitching, but that was the word in an earlier post which prompted my response on on this topic. I also understand that text is void of emotion so I may have taken comments out of context, and my my comments may have been taken likewise.

Let’s get back to peace, love, and music (when we can register​:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) :blue_heart::wink:

3 Likes

Definitely I won’t update cubase from the day one anymore as I did until now. I had the same problem for 4 days back in December when I upgraded from 10.5 to 11. If you really care about your users and your money it is time to do the move Steinberg. In my case, i was not frustrated because i had to pay and wait 4 days for a product that should work 2 second later, i was frustrated when I had to pay 50€ to buy a hub for the dongle, I was frustrated when I was on the couch and had to keep cables on me to use Cubase, i was frustrated when I used Cubase Ai to skip the dongle and finally I was frustrated when I paid 199€ to buy Serato Studio to write my fast ideas. I am frustrated every time I look at my MacBook and I see a dongle dressed in schoch. Paradoxically i paid a lot of money to have a small and portable device and it is, until i have to use the OLD Cubase. Do the move, Steinberg.

1 Like

Similar problem with Nuendo 11 just bought.
I waited for 2 days. What to do now, I have paid nearly 1000 € for 1 software not usable?

1 Like

Don’t worry man! In December when they had the same problem, I had to prepare tracks for an online concert. I lost 600$, but I contacted Steinberg and they offered me a 15% discount for any of their site products :joy:

2 Likes

I agree. I had a hard time yesterday. Tinkering the network about almost 5 hour, turns out it’s the server problem, not my network settings. The error message is not very helpful too.

If only the error message at the eLicenser communicate more clearly what could possibly happen. (e.g. if the problem is license server outage, check our page [help center links] for further updates and information ; network setting could be the problem. Check our page [troubleshooting links] for troubleshooting steps)

I don’t understand why it’s so hard to just improve this specific licensing error message for a sophisticated company like Steinberg.

8 Likes

They really need to communicate better. Honestly this is Day-3 of me being down and I am losing my patience. iLok is the way to go Steinberg. You know its the right thing to do.

3 Likes

They made an announcement on their Facebook page guys! It is in Spanish! :joy:

1 Like

Unfortunately ! i lost my money

Capture d’écran 2021-02-25 135737|464x307

Same problem for me too. I have purchased cubase pro 11 and cannot use it. :expressionless:

Mee too, total frustation after some hours trying it,

Spain still down. I can’t think why it is taking so long their database admin staff must be useless or so short staffed or with shoddy equipment that they can’t get the thing running properly.

I am a qualified Database Administrator and software engineer.

You are right, the software is one of the best and Steinberg have enough experience and years of practice to get these things right. So showing dis-satisfaction is important as these are not cheap products. BUT it must be done with respect no ffing and blindinng.

To be honest, Elicenzer dongle is a headache. And today’s problem concerns only honest users. Pirates can download Cubase 11 PRO on torrent at any time and use it without problems. But honest users have a bigger problem now. After all, Presonus, Ableton, Native Instruments somehow manage without this dongle … I ask Steinberg to think carefully about this issue. Only honest users are affected by this protection.

6 Likes

in 15 years of Cubase, I’ve never had a problem