eLicenser Server Status

Still down from Malaysia… any news when it’s going to be back up?? It is such an inconvenience I can’t do any work on my new machine since i got it last week… :frowning:

1 Like

The server is back online now. We are very sorry for this inconvenience!

Still not working here (Spain).

1 Like

Not working, I am trying to activate my software!

A connection to the license server could not be established, either due to incorrect network settings, or because the license server is currently not available (e.g. due to maintenance work).

Please verify your computer’s network settings and try again later, or contact your software vendor’s support department in case the problem persists.

1 Like

It is not working for me in Spain either

Yes, unfortunately, the server had an error again which is currently being worked on. Sorry!

1 Like

Unable to activate Cubase - Now into day 3.
A Connection to the License server could not be established. either due to …blah blah blah

Please help someone…We have 30 copy and ALL 30 users are having the same issue?

1 Like

Same problem here. Can’t use Cubase due to the server not available.

Dear Ed_Doll, as with yesterday, is there any indication when it will be up again: even a “this afternoon, Tomorrow, Next week” would do.

The reason is it is otherwise difficult trying to plan around the inability to use the software. I saw in another post that a teacher could not deliver his course to home-learning students as none of the student could activate the software on their own computers…

Any help in this direction would be appreciated

Can you let people know the actual cause of the outage? what is the nature of the ‘server error’? the physical device seems to be up OK and has very healthy PING times… just no services working…

1 Like

Glad I was rerouted to this thread, at least I know it’s not just me having problems. Ive been trying for 24 hours and no joy in UK. I’m a first time Steinberg user and it’s hardly a good advert for Steinberg. Server issues don’t take this long to fix.

1 Like

Now I take it that the server will not be online this afternoon?

Is there any idea about tomorrow? Is there no other way to get software running?

Hello all. I purchased / received my copy of Cubase Pro 11 yesterday. I have spent a considerable amount of time attempting to activate the product to no avail. The error message(s) that I am receiving refer(s) to:

1. An issue with the a connection to the license server.
  2. Online Synchronization & Maintenance Steps 1,5 and 6 FAILED
  3. The currently installed version of the eLicenser Control software is too old (when entering my activation code)

Of course, I made sure to download and install the latest version.

Your time and assistance will be greatly appreciated. Peter

Hi, complete newbie to Cubase. Today after a lot of research into different products I decided to download the free 30 day trial of Cubase 11 Elements with a view to purchase, almost 99% sure I would follow up and buy the product.
Unfortunately I have encountered this Elicenser server not connecting problem today.
I have sent a message to support and received a reply that they are working on it. Having skimmed this long thread, is this something that happens regularly?
As this is my first experience with Steinberg would you advise me to continue with Cubase or look to another company.
I have to admit after having pretty well made up my mind this leaves me to question would I be better off going elsewhere. Not a great start.

3 Likes

Constant problems with elicencer!!!

2 Likes

I’m hitting the same issue right now. I’m trying to upgrade to Cubase Artist 11 and the eLicenser can’t connect to the license server to upgrade my existing license. Is this a temporary issue?

In December when Cubase 11 was out, all the users had the same problem when trying to update from 10.5 to 11. @Steinberg_Service was out saying that because of the many requests their servers was out. The fact that people have again this problem with no active promotions or sales I am thinking that their servers work only for 1 person at a time or the “server was busy” was a lie. When do we get rid of the dongle dear Steinberg? You have people asking you that from at least 5-6 years… you have problems with it, it works bad and it is an ugly experience for the users!!!

1 Like

Having a soft elicencer instead of a dongle will not help with server issues.
Every mayor software company will have an occasional licence server issue. I am glad steinberg has a system that is completely independent from an internet connection once installed.
In 10 years or more I have had only one time I needed some patience (upgrade to 11)
At this moment licence server is indeed down, I checked, I didn’t need it at this moment.

Even if they switch to “normal” C/R, you would have the same issue…

I don’t have any issues with all other vsts that I use without a dongle so you can be Jesus and you won’t change my personal opinion about it.

Maybe If will have the option to activate a machine id will not have the same problems anymore.

I have been a loyal Cubase user from the very start with my Atari machine . I have purchased every upgrade just like many other user’s .I am in my twilight years now finding it increasingly very difficult to apply activation codes and getting the dongle to respond when we try to purchase these upgrades .I believe this dongle system has been a problem for some Cubase user’s for a considerable amount of time enough is enough . I understand Steinberg has to protect their product but, can we not all get together to persuade powers to be at Steinberg to hold the people responsible for the security of their programme to run with out the problem of the dongle and activation system
Regards British

4 Likes