eLicenser service closes down in 2025

eLicenser service closes down in 2025
Is the activation code the same as the Download Access Code?
I follow the procedure but get the following message: The activation code has been used already. An activation code can be used only once to download or upgrade a license.
What am I doing wrong?

No, activation codes and Download Access Codes are not the same. DACs are used to obtain a license, while an activation code is an embodiment of a license that can be added to an eLicenser. With Steinberg Licensing, there’s no equivalent of an activation code, since you don’t need to type in a long code into Steinberg Activation Manager: that part of the license grant is handled for you automatically.

Perhaps you can say a bit more about what you are specifically trying to do? Dorico has been using Steinberg Licensing since Dorico 4, which was released at the start of 2022. You shouldn’t need to use the eLicenser system for Dorico at all these days.

Sorry for the late response.
I use eLicenser for LoFi Piano, The Grand 3, Zilhouette Strings and Halion Symphonic Orchestra. Can I still use it after the eLicenser disappears or do I need to do something?

You should go to your account page and check the Vouchers tab. I believe you will find Steinberg Licensing updates for your HALion-based products there.

1 Like