Elicenser software update

Hi, I have recently purchased Dorico Pro 3.5 and I’m having problems activating the licence. Every time I try and insert the activation key, it says the elicenser software is too old and I need to update the software. I have done that several times but I’m still getting the same error message. Can some one please tell me where I am going wrong as I’m pulling my hair out!!! Thanks

Welcome to the forum, @JonnyRock. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having problems getting Dorico activated. Can you please run eLicenser Control Center and check what version number it reports? It should be 6.12.something – the current version is 6.12.7.1294 and can be downloaded here. If you have 6.11.something or earlier, please do download and install the latest version from this link and then try again.

Hi, thank you for your reply. Yes I have downloaded the latest version several times. It’s 6.12.7.1294. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong!

1 Like

Daniel, I’m sorry you’ve answered this before, but why don’t we want to use a dongle with Dorico? I remember you saying you can’t go back, but with the new system coming along why is that a problem?

I have a new laptop and the rest of my Steinberg licenses are on a dongle so I can use them with the laptop when I wish, except Dorico which would be good to be able to take with me. It goes without saying I’m really looking forward to the new licensing system that’ll allow me to use a laptop and desktop easily.

1 Like

Could you please send me a private message that includes the activation code you’re trying to use? Don’t post it here publicly.

If you’re already using a USB-eLicenser and have all of your other Steinberg licenses on there, then I don’t think you have anything to lose by having your Dorico license on there too.

1 Like