eLicenser USB disappeared from Control Center SOLVED

I’m simply speechless… after having upgraded to Cubase 13 Pro and activated it, I wanted to run my old Cubase 11 Pro with eLicenser but no license is found. What gives? I’m really fed up of all those difficulties, starting from a non functioning Groove Agent with Digital Performer 11 and now Cubase 11 Pro…

Just curious, your USB stick is plugged in, is it?

You need elicenser installed and USB key plugged in. If your upgrade was done right, you will see a Cubase 11 pro there (but marked as used for an upgrade).

You’ll no longer need the stick for Cubase 11, the licence will have been updated to the new system.
You may need the stick for older stuff such as HALion 6, etc.
[edit]
I’m wrong. Ooops.

I understood that for Cubase 11 and earlier, USB dongle was mandatory

Why Cubase 11 is not working anymore?

eLicenser USB dongle is connected…

Have you used the Activation Manager to make sure these items are indeed activated? The website can be ambiguous.

Yes, I activated at first, but then deactivated because with activaton manager can activate only Cubase 13 but this can’t run under Mojave… I need, at least, to activate Cubase 11 under Mojave.

The old version of Groove Agent (and Cubase 11 Pro) require an USB dongle… but the dongle is not recognized by eLicenser Control Center. I’m suspecting that m dongle is faulty… even it was working until last week.

Of course

Thanks all for your kind articipation this thread… Because of fatigue I confused iLok dongle with the USB eLicenser one… that’s why it wasn’t recognized by eLicenser Control Center.
Now everything goes as expected.

2 Likes

My natural state!

LOL. I’m thinking to get rid off all my electronic instruments, plugins, computers and going back to the acoustic piano. Period.

Maybe your usb key is faulty. Any chance for testing on another computer? Or at least test on another usb port.

It’s my mind that is faulty… I confused iLok dongle with the USB eLicenser one… that’s why it wasn’t recognized by eLicenser Control Center.
Now everything goes as expected.

So you was plugging an ilok key thinking it was an elicenser key?

Yes, it happened this way… :pensive: