Empty bar at end of flow reappears after deletion

The last bar in the attached project reappears after deleting, saving and reopening the project.

1. Select the bar via system track
  2. Delete it by clicking the trashcan
  3. Save the project and close Dorico
  4. Open the project

Any help on this?

(Remove the .zip from the filename)
Runaway Baby.dorico.zip (997 KB)

I don’t know why, but the issue is the rehearsal mark. Delete that first, then delete the bar, either by using the system track or by using Write>Trim Flow. Both those worked for me, but just deleting the bar, as you say, was undone upon reopening.

Wow! This is the reason! Thank you.

Shouldn’t happen after all.

Apologies for the revival, but 4 years and some updates later I still encounter this very same bug, and I couldn’t find it addressed elsewhere, figured it was better etiquette to reply here than to make a whole new thread.

Had this happen with a few projects, but in the attached example it is possibly due to the key signature right before the re-appearing final bar, judging by the above suggested solution. However, I want to keep this cautionary key signature, so am I stuck with this issue?

Cassien Horns Set One (26-3-21) sample.dorico (514.0 KB)

I’m sorry to say it’s not a real bug per se, because it’s by design, but it is an annoying feature nevertheless. It’s currently not possible to put a key or meter change at the very end of a flow, as is quite common in attacca situations. It has been discussed quite extensively in the past, e.g. here or here. Those threads are mostly about cautionary time signatures, but the issue is the same.