Empty lyric line

I had two lines of lyrics, the second of which was later deleted. Dorico is treating the staff spacing as if the 2nd line is still present … just a line of white space. Besides manually tightening-up every stave, any suggestions for “clearing” this empty line of lyrics – as if it never existed?

I tried this in a vocal score, where I gave one of the inner voices an extra line of lyrics. Then, when I backspace through the second line of lyrics, as soon as I remove the last remaining letter, the staves will close the gap. This means that in your case, there must be a stray syllable somewhere.
You can apply a filter for lyrics, but, as far as I can tell, you can only select all lyrics together. But maybe, if you use this filter on the passage where the unneeded syllable seems to hide itself, you can more easily spot it when it’s orange?

Which leads to a small feature (enhancement) request to the Dorico team: separate filters for individual lines of lyrics?

Perhaps delete the entire line of lyrics in that system and re-enter? That put spacing right again.

If you’re still having problems with this, please attach the project here or email it to me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de (if you email it, please be sure to include a link to this thread, or I won’t know why you’ve sent it to me, and ideally also tell me where in your project to find the problem so I don’t need to spend a while hunting for it).