Empty screen in MIDI Port Setup

I am not able to get any MIDI sound in Cubase 12 Pro. I do remember I used to have the click track sounds working in the past, but at some point they stopped working, and I could never get them fixed. Now I’d like to use some MIDI instruments and I have the same problem with no sound at all. My MIDI Port Set-up window is completely empty and I have no idea why or how to get the ports added there. Can’t seem to find ANY info about this online :frowning:

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Do you have any MIDI Device connected?

Hey Martin, you mean a MIDI keyboard? No, I only have the laptop and a Scarlet Focusrite 2i2.

Hi,

What kind of MIDI Devices would you expect to see here then?

The standard system input and output ports? So I can use click track and MIDI instruments

If that’s not what is causing the issue, then I don’t know. What I am actually trying to fix is the fact that I have no sound for click track and no sound for MIDI instruments.

Hi,

You can use Instruments (if you mean the Instrument Track) without any MIDI Connected.

What do you mean by “Standard System Input and Output Ports”? There are none.

Ok, then I had misunderstood. In the meantime I was able to fix the instrument sound, the control room in Audio Connections wasn’t working for some reason. So now I am getting MIDI sounds for the instruments. But the metronome is still not working unfortunately.

Make the metronome audio click and not midi.
If you are using the control room make sure the click is enable for the output you want to hear it on. Pressing C or click at the bottom may not enable click if you haven’t enabled it on the control room output as well.

As said. You won’t see any midi devices with one connected and your audio interface does not have midi ports.

1 Like