Endpoint Selection Screen - Can't read the rhs list - Is there a way to tab across?

I’ve created so many endpoints that when I tried to add one to a playback template today it was in the right hand column and I could only read the first few letters of the name. I couldn’t seem to tab across so I could read the full name. I’m sure Dorico doesn’t have limit on the number of endpoints you can create.

Sorry, Andy, can you be a bit more specific about what you’re referring to?

If you’re talking about the Endpoint Setup dialog, you can resize the dialog, and then resize the columns in the table by dragging the separators between the columns in the column header at the very top of the table (you can’t do it by dragging any row other than the header row at the top of the table).

No, I’m referring to the screen that’s displayed when you select to manually add an endpoint in a new template. I am unable to display all the items. The endpoints to choose from are in alphabetical order and once the list reaches those endpoints staring with the letter M they are beyond the limit of even my widescreen monitor. I can’t seem to shift the display to the left so I can read the last column on the right.

Why not combine instruments of the same family into one endpoint? That’s the usual practice.

When I can I do but I like the flexibility to select individual instruments whenever possible. For a simple articulation set like that in Berlin Orchestra Berklee the individual endpoints can be simply brass, woodwind, strings but for other libraries I need to be able to separate out instruments even if they share expression maps so they can be used separately in different projects.

One easy way to reduce the number of endpoints to choose from would be to simply delete the individual endpoints and just use the all-in-one endpoints that I always generate for a project. Effectively I’m duplicating as the one I generate for a completed project contains all the endpoints for each instrument.

I’ve since found a workaround on the create template display. Instead of clicking on add manual you just click on endpoint configurations, find the all-in-one you’ve created and click OK to add to the blank template.

Right, I see – funnily enough, that’s exactly the same issue reported yesterday here:

This will be addressed in the next update.

1 Like

The workaround is to select the endpoint configuration tab instead of clicking on add manual. The former displays a list that I simply scroll down to find the all-in-one endpoint configuration I want to add. Click OK and it’s done. Question however: Should I be saving individual endpoints as well as the all-in-one which I create at the bottom of the vst list in Play Mode? Is there any advantage to having both?

It’s up to you, really. If you want to use the configuration for an individual plug-in on its own, then you need an endpoint configuration for just that one plug-in. If, however, you only want to use the whole rack’s plug-ins together, then you only need to export the endpoint configuration for the whole rack.

2 Likes

Daniel, are there any plans to allow us to update a single component of an Endpoint without having to save all the instruments together? For instance, if I’m writing for solo flute and tweak the EM, etc and want those changes in my Woodwinds Endpoint/Template, it would be nice to not have to load all the instruments to make the flute changes and re save the Endpoint

1 Like

That’s a good question, and I’m afraid I don’t know to what extent that’s feasible. I’ll ask Paul whether it would be possible to merge one endpoint configuration into another, or something like that. It’s not something we’re actively working on right now, however.

1 Like

Thanks Daniel. It would make refining playback SO much easier. Also, it would be great to have an Apply button on the Expression Map screen, so it doesn’t have to be constantly closed to test changes and reopened to continue.

2 Likes

Understood. In that case I’ll continue to save both the individual and rack endpoints.