Engrave modifications don't appear in print mode

Hello!

I’m encountering a problem I’ve never had before (I’m using Dorico Pro 3):

The modifications that I made in the engrave mode (reducing the font size of lyrics, forcing all staff into one page, moving the rehearsal marks…) don’t appear when I want to print the score into a PDF. The score doesn’t look the same in engrave and in print mode.

It’s the first time I’m encountered this problem although I’ve done exactly these kinds of layout changes many times before, I’m therefore completely at lost on how to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi marieflo, welcome to the forum!

In Print mode, the layout shown in the print preview is the one selected in the Layouts panel on the left. Are you definitely viewing the layout that you’ve been working on?

Hi Lillie,

thanks a lot for your response, it solved my issue instantly.

(I’m a bit embarrassed that the solution was that easy and I just missed it…)

Don’t be, it’s an easy mistake to make!

Yes, I’ve made this mistake too. When switching to Print mode, the layout you were viewing in Engrave mode isn’t necessarily the first one shown in Print mode. Confusing at first, until you get it all sorted. :wink:

Hi, I’m having a similar problem, but with different cause. I have a quintet, and all the parts correspond to the score except one. The trombone part has the title (or header) in engrave mode, but it’s missing the title when I switch to print mode, even though the instrument name appears where it should in the upper left corner. All the other parts look the same in engrave mode and print mode, but print mode deletes the piece title for trombone every time, though I’ve erased and rewritten it a few times. Any ideas? (Yes, I’m clicking on the correct instrument in the layouts panel).

Where are you writing it? Normally this would go in the File > Project Info’s Title slot where the Page Templates can access it for each layout.

• Does your trombone have the same Page Template page assigned?
  • Is there an override (red corner) in the page icon in the right column of Engrave mode? (If so, try removing it via the page-icon’s context menu.)

Thanks, Derreck. It did have the red corners in the page icon. So did all the other parts, and I followed the same steps in all, so I’m not sure why trombone was different, but I rtemoved it and it worked, and that’s what counts!

1 Like