Engrave options for bar range?

Hello,

I am working on a score that has spatial notation in part of it, going back and forth between spatial notation and measured passages in a single movement. To accomplish the spatial notation, I have to adjust certain engrave options like removing the required horizontal gap after a bar line and the first note. Obviously I do want the gap present for the measured passages. However, it appears that the engraving options dialog changes the settings for the entire flow on a global basis. What would be the best way of removing that gap only for certain passages? I imagine I can do this by putting the spatial passages in a different flow and manually assembling the score from the different flows on a single layout, but have never done this before so I’m not quite sure how tricky this is or how much work this is to accomplish. I also want to maintain continuity of measure numbers throughout.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Just so you know, Engraving Options can’t be set individually for single flows, they always affect the whole score.
I think you have no better option than doing it manually with the note spacing tool in Engrave Mode.