Engraving options crashes when saving

Hi!

When I change in Engraving Options and click apply and then save as default, Dorico crashes. I’m on Windows 10. Is this just on my computer or a known bug?

Sorry to hear you’re having difficulties. This sounds like an unusual crash we’ve not seen before.

It would be very useful to get the crash dump file so we can investigate further.

I’ve attached a zip file containing a Registry key you should be able to unzip and then double-click to add, but in case your security settings don’t allow it, you can also create the same Registry key using these steps:

1. In the Windows 10 search box (you might also know it as Cortana), type “regedit” and hit Return, then click Yes when asked if you’re sure you want to allow the Registry Editor to modify your computer.
  2. In the Registry Editor, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\
  3. If you see a key in there called LocalDumps, then go inside it: otherwise, choose Edit > New > Key, and type “LocalDumps” as the name of the key.
  4. Select the LocalDumps key and choose Edit > New > Key, and type “Dorico.exe” as the name of the key.
  5. Choose Edit > New > Expandable String Value, type “DumpFolder” as the name of the value and hit Return.
  6. Double-click the “DumpFolder” label to open the editor dialog, and type “%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps” as the ‘Value data’, and hit Return.
  7. Choose Edit > New > DWORD, type “DumpCount” as the name of the value and hit Return.
  8. Double-click the “DumpCount” label to open the editor dialog, and type “A” (hexadecimal for 10) as the ‘Value data’, and hit Return.
  9. Choose Edit > New > DWORD, type “DumpType” as the name of the value and hit Return.
  10. Double-click the “DumpType” label to open the editor dialog, and type “1” as the ‘Value data’, and hit Return. (This chooses to create a minidump file.)

That should do it. Now when experience a crash, open a Windows Explorer window and type in “%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps” into the address bar, and hopefully you will find some relevant .dmp files in there, ready to be zipped up and sent to us.

It would also be helpful if you could find the application.log file in “%APPDATA%/Steinberg/Dorico” and attach that as well, as this lists the commands that you have run since Dorico started, and may help us to pinpoint the cause of the crash.
dump-config.zip (469 Bytes)

Please PM me the files privately to protect any personal information contained in them which is specific to your computer and setup.