Enhancements to Tool Modifiers

I have always been a bit puzzled as to why the Tool Modifiers in the Preferences are limited to those shown. However, it’s never been an issue until now, when I’ve got so used to having the Audition Tool available under Ctrl-Select on lanes.

Having got into the habit (I’ve been doing more lane editing than ever recently) I was disappointed to see that it’s not available on un-laned or collapsed tracks, nor is there anywhere I can see to assign the action in Preferences. It’s just so much better than reaching for whatever number it is on the keyboard (I can never remember) or picking it from the toolbox, both of which require taking my eyes of what I’m doing and having to re-engage my brain (this last is a disaster for the creative flow!).

So, is there a way that I’ve missed of assigning tool modifiers that aren’t in the list (I have rtfmed and stffed and there’s no mention) or can this be expanded in later versions? There is surely room to do this as not all the modifier keys are listed in each category in the Prefs, such as Ctrl under Select - the one I want to set up.

Thanks for any help, pointers, corrections, weight to the campaign, etc.

Cheers,
Crotchety

PS: In case some of this sounds familiar, it’s because it’s an up to date version of this post of mine: [req] Play Tool on collapsed lanes too, please! - Cubase - Steinberg Forums, which didn’t quite get the point.

I agree that this would be a useful feature Crotchety. I’m a new Cubase user and was confused about the way the feature was presented in the manual - I didn’t realise the feature was restricted to lanes editing only (so thanks for your post which helped me understand that). It would make a lot of sense for this to be accessible all the time, be it lanes or any other track.

Four months to get a reply! That’s got to be a record. Thanks, AK, but it doesn’t look good for us. Probably one of those features that’s so log-standing there’s no chance. Still, nil desperandum, as the Romans probably never said.

Come on, guys, don’t you realise how much you’re suffering…!