Enhancing Project & Track Notepads

Hi,

The project notepad is super simple! We need to have better formatting and support for pictures with Unicode support. There is a QT Widget for text editing already there!

It would be great if we could have sections for Recording, mixing, mastering as tabs to navigate through them.

It would be nice to be able to see the aggregation of all track notepads in a single document shown as an option in the project notepad.

Not sure why it is not inserted there!

Please reply with +1, if you find the suggestion helpful.

+1
I would like a notepad in the Key editor please. This would help with identifying CC’s that CANNOT be labelled. :angry:

+1

Better yet, why not allow attachment of any files.

Ever better, why not allow attachment of any files to the track notepad. That way you could attach patch files to audio tracks for the device that you recorded on that track, for example a guitar amp modeler.

+1

Any improvements should be made in both the Track & Project Notepads.

And while they’re at it how about a Notepad Track for timeline dependent info. I use a Marker Track for this now, which is OK-ish. But having a Notepad event that could contain text, pics, etc. would be pretty useful.

Agreed. I revised the title and modified the OP to have the aggregation of all track notepads in a single document. Don’t forget +1 ( or +…) if you like, please.

This will still be very useful. I also would like to see an easier way to input the notes for tracks so that you could tab to the next track without all the clicking. Like you can for naming tracks. As of 12.0.40, this is still the case.

Please add track notepad as searchable when searching for a track via F5.

Then we can put our own longer categories and descriptions that can form a taxonomy system in big templates. Without having to fit it all in the track name using a time consuming system of synonyms and acronyms