enharmonic changes in parts and full score

Maybe I’m doing something wrong. I like doing note input in parts and not in full score, especially
with slightly bigger scores. Using a midi keyboard you sometimes have to make some enharmonic
adjustments here and there. But making those adjustments in the parts doesn’t affect the full
score, i.e. if I change a# to bb in the instrumental part it stays a# in full score. Am I doing it the
wrong way??? (I use (German keyboard) the Alt-ß(?) and Shift-Alt-ß(?) shortcuts)

Thanks in advance.

Yours, Oliver

You HAVE to correct enharmonic spellings in the score. If you do it in the part, it only updates the part, not the score, even if you’re working with C instruments.

I learned this one the hard way, too.

Thanks pianoleo! Not what I would have liked to hear but now I know it wasn’t me…
But realising that after inputting 6 flows is just… grrrr! Will spend the next days
re-checking the whole score.

Sorry, but so the work’flow’ would be:
You first have to un-condense, then you do the en-harmonics and then you condense again? No other way to do that?

Honestly, I’m afraid that my layouts may be f*** up after condensing and un-condensing and condensing again and and and…I’m sure the concerns are obligatory, but i am :grimacing:

Ok…found a better solution: create 1 condensed full score and 1 un-condensed full-score and switch between the 2 if you have to do enharmonics :slight_smile:

Or just switch to galley view without enabling/disabling condensing? All instruments are always shown on separate staves in galley view.

1 Like

Please do not take my words from four years ago as gospel. Dorico 4 has functionality for propagating enharmonic spellings from one layout to others, and for maintaining visibility of accidentals across uncondensed and condensed staves.

1 Like

Of course !! so easy :grinning: