"Enter Project Cursor Position" still keeps "primary time display" up after entering value

Do you have the mixer window or key editor open?

That’s when the issue appears

Exactly. But that is also exactly what was not the case over years and years, and then popped up in Cubase 10. This never happened before and requires another step by either hitting ESC or so. And with a function that is used gazillion times over the course of an hour, this adds up.

Try this macro

Projrect - bring to front
Transport - enter project cursor position

Create a keycommand

Delta

Yep, as I always have both Mixconsole and arrangement windows opened and maximized : it’s a part of my workflow, as it allows me to quickly pass from one to the other via a mouse action on the taskbar or key commands to swap between two workspaces : one with the arrangement in front, the other, with the Mixconsole as so.

So, I still don’t get where the issue actually is… :question:

EDIT : I just tried with the key editor. Indeed, the little window appears in the case when the former is in its own window. It doesn’t, if the key editor is displayed in the lower zone, though. From which, it seems like the issue appears when there is a window with no ‘primary time display’ item in front. Indeed, something that should be fixed : the ‘Enter’ key should close the Enter project Cursor Position window, once the value has been entered. Point taken, sorry…

Please!!
try this macro:

Project - project bring to front (sets focus back to project window)
Transport - enter project cursor position

Create a keycommand

Nb: “project bring to front” is very usefull in som other macro constructions

Hi Delta, this actually worked, thank you! So far this is the best work around I’ve seen. However the fact that a workaround is needed is ridiculous. Steinberg stop breaking things that work already!

Thank you for that thought, but this unfortunately does not work. I do not want to jump to the project window here first. I want to be able to continue to work in the key editor for the specific part I selected in the key editor, and testing this with a macro setup like this unfortunately did not lead to a useful result. Steinberg needs to simply fix this. As mentioned earlier this worked before until it got changed in Cubase 10.

Hi Operator_tank,

Are you using two computer screens or one? When I tested it out, I had the mixer and/or key editor on my second screen so it didn’t matter that focus changed to the project window. But I could see how if you only have one screen this could be problematic.

Only a single 43" monitor.

Steinberg, please please fix this bug.
It’s killing my workflow.

I should be able to hit the command key (+ on numpad for me), type the bar number and hit Enter.
If the Transport Panel is open I don’t need another little bar number box to appear.
The change should just appear in the Transport Panel.

Thanks.

I recently upgraded from Cubase Pro 8.5.
Now this bug kills on Cubase Pro 10 is killing my workflow!
Please fix it.

Is this fixed in Cubase 11?

Hi,

If you have Transport Bar or Transport Panel shown, then it works as expected. So you can just hit Shift+P, write the number and press Enter. Done.

But if you have no Transport Bar or Transport Panel shown, then you have to close the Enter Cursor Position window manually.

Yay!!!

They fixed it in Cubase 11.

Workflow now back to full speed.

Really??? Yay!!!

I can confirm this seems to be fixed in Cubase 11 as long as the “transport” panel is used/shown, which I didn’t either, since I was able to see this in the bottom of the project window - a bit silly that this has to be the case here, but I’ll take it. Will integrate the transport panel again into my “workspace” setup and just cover the bottom of the project window then. Small price to pay for not having to manually close the @#$% time display anymore every time I enter a bar location… :wink: