Entering arpeggio over multiple chords

It seems that arpeggio can only be added to a single chord. I tried highlighting several chords (over several measures) and add arpeggio (both the keyboard way and the mouse way), only the first chord gets the arpeggio, the rest of the chords are unchanged. When I checked the ‘Dorico Help’, I found this statement: “You can only add one arpeggio sign to one note or chord at a time.”

I hope the future update will allow adding arpeggio to multiple chords. This will save a lot of time when entering arpeggios for piano score.

JM.

1 Like

You can use the Alt (option) key to copy the arpeggio mark quickly; it will adjust its height automatically. That’s still not as fast as what you’re asking for, but it’s quicker than using the right-hand toolbox for every chord.

1 Like

+1

+1 for a “shotgun” method

+1

This works only when the arpeggio does not cross staves. In the following example,

Hi folks.
That’s a situation where having a Stream deck or using any of the macro key binders available sort the problem in one key stroke.

+1

I needed it badly. Unfortunately, arpeggios don’t get imported to Dorico!

+1

Just found this because I was in the same situation: selected a load of chords and tried to put arpeggios on all of them at once. Please consider implementing this possibility in an update.

1 Like

If the arpeggios appear at the same resolution / harmonic beat: Enter a couple of bars with arps manually and press J > filter arpeggios and hit “R” (repeat).