Entering characters in Music Text

Pardon what may be a dumb question :blush: , but how does one go about actually entering Bravura Text characters, e.g. A flat symbol in a timpani tuning cue? I can’t figure out the magic words. Thanks! :confused:

A valid question. Until something more like a symbol browser is created (hint, hint), here’s how to add a symbol from Bravura as text:

1. Go to the SMuFL gitbook, for example, where the standard accidentals are (https://w3c.github.io/smufl/gitbook/tables/standard-accidentals-12-edo.html)
  2. Select the glyph you want (just like you are selecting normal text, since the symbols ARE text)
  3. Copy
  4. (back to Dorico now) Set the font to be “BravuraText”
  5. Paste

Done.

This is awesome, you can also make harp pedal charts this way.

Yep, but the app team needs to provide a much easier way of entering these symbols to begin with…

That would be very cool. It took me about an hour to figure out how to create this → screenshot. You quite need it a lot in Jazz.
John mentioned it in one of his last videos, but he was just like:‘I created it in another project’ but didn’t explain how he did it and used copy-paste - now I know why :laughing:
Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-09 um 12.24.25.png

Jazzisfaction, see Swing indications using system text - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

This was of great help again…super !
Saves a lot of time - especially with Florian’s Font.

Seems like the Beams and Slurs page is down.

No, the characters on the Beams and slurs page are intended to be control codes, and aren’t visible for you to copy and paste.