Entering chords in the chord view

How can I scroll the chord view so that I can edit/enter a whole song?

You can zoom with the zoom slider. If that is not sufficient because your song is too long, you can’t.

I would think that a normal song usually require more than 48 bars…?

What are you impying? There is a limit to what can be displayed, and usually you work on a part (verse, bridge etc) at a time, especially when a song is that long.
If you want a text based leadsheet you may be better off with the “Notes” module. VST Lives Chord editor is different because it is synchronised to the timeline.
I take that you understood that in order to get to a later part of the song (to see further bars) you need to locate transport there because of that?
Tried max of 16 bars per row instead of 8, not that it is very readabale anymore (note that it is even significantly smaller than displayed here in reality).

I take that you understood that in order to get to a later part of the song (to see further bars) you need to locate transport there because of that?

No I did not understand that. Hence my original question about how I can scroll.

What are you impying? There is a limit to what can be displayed, and usually you work on a part (verse, bridge etc) at a time, especially when a song is that long.

View size is totally understandable. What I need is a way of entering the whole song, not in sections but rather in one go since I may not have decided on my sections as of yet. That is at least how my brain is wired. It would be nice to label the parts in the chord editor though for visual cues. So a simple scroll bar to scroll the view is all that I need to continue entering my chords. With the current scheme (that you told me about) I need to relocate my timeline either by clicking on a part or by moving the timeline. Unfortunately this hides the chord editor and I need to reenable that window when jumping back and forth.

Btw, why are the chord blocks so tall? Is it in preparation for a future feature? Otherwise entering timed notes (popups in the ios app?) would be nice to put here.

As said, it is synchronised to transport so you can use its timeline.

Did you detect the arrow at the top right of the window? You can detach the view there (to a new windows), in fact you can do that with all relevant views.

You mean height or width? Height might be smaller, depending on the zoom size, will consider that, thanks.

Did you detect the arrow at the top right of the window? You can detach the view there (to a new windows), in fact you can do that with all relevant views.

Yes, I did. This is what I was showing in my pict. The problem is that this detached window hides below the main window as soon as I click a part or the timeline. The zone in the main view is too small for me when editing a song as I need to see more of it. I’m using a macbook air 13" for most of my deeds since I’m mostly on the move.

As said, it is synchronised to transport so you can use its timeline.

Unfortunately this is not bi-directional. This approach is probably ok using a 5k retina monitor where you have a big screen estate, but for a band setup on smaller stages you would use laptops for all of the work and with that it comes with a limited amount of screen estate. A simple way of scrolling in the chord editor is all that is needed for for this simple task of entering a song.

You mean height or width? Height might be smaller, depending on the zoom size, will consider that, thanks.

Yes, I meant height. Sorry about not being clear about that…

We added a yzoom slider for the next update.