Entering Multiple playing techniques

Hi there,
Is there a way to enter multiple playing techniques in one go? Dorico 4 now replaces a selected technique by a new entry. So when having to enter more than one technique, you have to deselect the last entry. The manual indicates that it’s possible to do so when each entry is separated by a right arrow, but I have no idea which key that is supposed to be, not the right arrow one in any case.
Thanks,
Québ

No, not that I am aware of.
If you don’t need correct playback and want everything in one line, you could also add the other techniques via the suffix property of the first technique.

1 Like

Also I found a bit more info in this thread from June 2020.

Entering multiple playing techniques separated by an arrow (that is, “->”) is intended for adding grouped playing techniques, e.g. a transition from sul pont to sul tasto over a couple of bars. It’s not intended for “stacking” several different techniques at the same rhythmic position.

1 Like

Hi Lillie,
So is there a way of stacking them without having to un- and reselect? If not, it will be great if both behaviours, dorico pre-4 and 4, would be available for the users.
Thanks,
Québ

Hi Mark,
yes I’ve seen it, but the default behaviour changed with dorico 4.
Thanks,
Québ