My son writes his own music and would like a way to record his stuff easily. He’s a keyboard player and reasonably IT-proficient. I use Cubase Pro myself and I’d like to get him an iPad with Cubasis. My questions are:
- Is there any flavour/model of iPad to avoid? Or is there an ideal version? I don’t use iPads myself so I don’t know.
- I’m planning on getting him a UR22 audio interface - will that be sufficient? He will likely be recording electric piano and vocals via audio.
- He has a Novation Launchkey MINI for MIDI stuff.
- I will buy him a microphone of some description - any recommendations? Under £100 for preference.
- Assuming all cabling, is there anything I’ve missed?
Thanks in advance.