Erratic behaviour - compressor peak meters

I’ve just noticed very odd behaviour with the stock compressors meters. Firstly there’s a significant lag before the meters register after hitting the playback button… and then the display is very erratic and ‘stuttery’.

I posted a couple of video captures of this behaviour while looping a section. (I put the compressor across the drums for the purposes of this demonstration). You’ll see the compressor seems quite slow to respond, the metering is jerky (much worse with VST Dynamics) and then when I stop playback it lags well behind.


Could be the same issue observed here: