Error code 0x80070005 not letting go in Cubase. Log file attached

Can’t find any Studio Version that works for me.

1. here are compatibale cards with studio versions.
    https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/175405/en-us
  2. Tried installing it and it say it’s not compatible to my graphic card…

any ideas left?

Hi,

Install the driver compatible with your graphic card and do the settings I mentioned, please.

Make sure, your graphic card is compatible and supported with your Windows (10/11?) system.

Still same error. Pls help

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

Its been 10 day and nobody still contact me. What am I suppose to do?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Installed this on a RockBox, but graphics

Hallo,
I’ve the same issue, by Cubase 11 & 12 if I resize the window by window maximize button.
already reinsalled as admin.
grafic driver reinsalled in safe mode of windows 11.

Hi.
I should add, after one more clean reinstallation, uninstall with DDU v18.0.5.5 and installation of graphic driver in safe mode, all works fine.

Got exactly the same issue here… Steinberg support is quiet…

Hi,
I’ve been using Cubase Pro since version 10.5, and I’ve NEVER had as many worrying crashes as with Cubase 12. It’s not acceptable that for each composition I have 6 or 7 different versions because of a “serious graphic driver issue” (error code: 0x80070005). It’s very, very annoying. Of course, I’ve already reinstalled Cubase 12 Pro… I have the impression that the error appears systematically when I open the “keyboard editor” (double-click on a track) on my 2d screen, and then try to modify the pitch of a note, for example… HELP, I can’t take it anymore!
Greg

If you don’t start your own topic this message will be buried under 22 other ones from 6 months ago.

Also, include the crash log if you don’t read them yourself, because there might be some useful info in there

Hi,

Attach the DMP file(s), please.

Hi,

Just back to the original topic:

The error 0x80070005 occurs when the system or user lacks the required files or permissions to change settings at the time of the Windows update .
…says Microsoft.

Therefore if you get the 0x80070005 error, I recommend reinstalling Cubase and making sure, Cubase has been installed as administrator. I would also reinstall the Audio Device driver (as administrator), just to be sure.

Here you are. Hope this helps. I have about 55 of these (=145 Mo), but I’m limited to 4 Mo of attached files here…
Cubase 12.0.70.464 64bit 2023.9.11 1.53.39.584.dmp (1.1 MB)
Cubase 12.0.70.464 64bit 2023.9.10 17.56.41.114.dmp (2.1 MB)
Cubase 12.0.70.464 64bit 2023.9.8 1.10.44.250.dmp (1.4 MB)
Best,
Greg

In case I made a mistake in sending my reply…

The crash is always related to your graphics system.

What graphics adapter do you have? In case it is some Nvidia stuff you need to get rid of all the extra software they supply, like Adrenalin etc. This is a well know cause of trouble.

Hi,

Thank you for the files. It points to the graphic area. What graphic card do you use, please? Actually, would you be willing to share the NFO file? You can send it only to me via Private Message.

Hi Martin,
What is the NFO file? And how do I send you a Private message?
Thanks,
Greg

Hi,

1. Click the Windows Start logo.
  2. Type “MSINFO32”. This opens the “System Information” Window.
  3. To save the file in the native NFO format, from the File down menu, click Save.

Click to my avatar and click to Send Message.