Error "dre-426" with new buyed Dorico pro 4 upgrade

I just bought an upgrade from dorico elements 4-dorico pro4,but when I type in the activation code I got this error.By the way, I asked a trial version of dorico 4 pro yesterday and activated, is that related to the error???
And, cant find any way to email the Stenberg company and don’t know why…

Unfortunately I have no idea about that error code, but here is a link to our customer support and where you can open a support ticket.

nah this site is not helping anything, it even didn’t offer me an email address
could you please give me a support email address?
thanks

Click on the “Submit Ticket” button. Then login with your Steinberg account (most browsers will fill this in automatically).

1 Like

i konw this site,but useless, it only gives a link to find local supporter like yamaha.com

What country are you in?

China

@Vagalyde_P, if you send me a private message here on the forum with some more details, I can look into your case for you. It looks like you may have multiple Steinberg ID registered with different email addresses, as I can’t find your existing Dorico Elements 4 license? If you can send me some more details I’ll happily look into this further.

By the way, the dre-426 error you have encountered means that the system cannot find an eligible Dorico Elements 4 license to upgrade to Dorico Pro 4. But I’m sure we will be able to get this straightened out if you send me some more details.

Hi, I guess I’m having similar problem. I’m at China and bought ablosute 6 crossgrade from retrologue 2, and I have a retrologue 2 in my account. But when I entered the DAC in download manager, it says I don’t have corresponding product for upgrade, and when I entered the DAC on website, it gives the same error code dre-426. Would you mind offer me some help?

It looks as if you’ve not yet activated your Retrologue 2 license. I think your license needs to be associated with an eLicenser before it can be upgraded.

1 Like

I’ve activated Retrologue 2 using elicenser and registered it into my account, but when I retry to activate the DAC, it still prompts the same, with code dre-426.

Sorry about that. I will ask my colleagues in our support team if they’re able to assist.

1 Like

@zzzyyf , please make sure to use the Steinberg Licensing variant of the Retrologue 2 license. There is still an unused license voucher in the voucher category of your account.
Check your MySteinberg Self-Service (steinberg.net) and redeem the available Download Access Code. After the successful redemption, please try the crossgrade to Absolute 6 once more.

2 Likes

I’ve successfully activated the upgrade. Thanks a lot for your help and time!

1 Like

I am glad that this could be resolved. Enjoy!

1 Like