Error Message: Could Not Create Project Directory

I’m running Cubase 5.5 and have been for quite some time. I run it on a 64 bit Windows 7 Machine and it has been working great forever. All of the sudden I am getting an error message saying “Could Not Create Project Directory”. Nothing has changed on my computer. I’m a bit stumped. I have lost two projects over it. Any info would be great!
Thanks,
Thinman

Cubase5.5, Windows 7 64, Tascamfw1884

Yeah me too! What gives???

Did you ever find a solution to this?

THANKS!

I have this issue too. Did anyone find a solution to this?

I just developed this problem when I moved my Cubase app to another drive on my MacPro.
I’m running Cubase 7 so don’t know if this will help on previous versions.
In the Steinberg hub at bottom right you can see where the project directory should be - in the ‘use default location’ the actual location I had was the error.
To fix it I clicked on the file field to the right of ‘Use default location’ and a window opened where I could set the default location. I chose to browse to my documents folder and created another folder called Cubase Project Directory. That stops the error message from occurring and your projects are stored there until you rename them and store them elsewhere.
Hope that helps.

I had this problem, running Cubase as an admin fixed it.

You can do this by right clicking on Cubase and then clicking Run As Administrator.

and after ui run as admin i can not drag and drop audio files in cubase…Cubase 10 Win 10

Plz turn off the The windows 10 anti virus , and try a gain