Error message Dorico 4 Pro

I am regularly getting the Error message "Read-only file system Error creating zip file:/Name of project here.
This is true on factory templates and projects created on previous versions fo Dorico.

Intel Mac Mini, OS 11.6.5, Dorico 4.0.31

TIA!
Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 10.14.10 PM

Welcome to the forum, @Tony_Pro.

Please check the file path to where Dorico wants to save the project to. Do you have access rights to it?
E.g. when you open one of the demo projects, modify it and then want to save it, you will also get that error, because Dorico will use the same path as the original project file and that is in a protected area. So if you redirect to your home directory it should work.

Hi Ulf,

Thanks for the reply and the welcome. I am not initiating this process. These error messages randomly pop up. Just saving the project does not generate the error.

I am saving to two different drives, I checked both for permissions and the settings look good. One is the default home directory on my system drive, where I believe I am also getting the error message.

I’ll monitor this and try to do some testing and report back if it continues. Any more advice appreciated.

@Tony_Pro, the next time it happens to you, open the Activity Monitor. In there find the Dorico process and do a double click on it and select the Open Files and Ports tab on the pop-up. Maybe there you can see that file and find out the exact path to it.

Thanks, I’ll try that!