Error Message when launching Cubase Elements 6

Hi,

Every time I launch Cubase Elements 6, I’ve receiving the following message in a pop-up box. I have to dismiss it before the program launches.

Focusrite USB ASIO Driver (Window Title)

Unable to set the desired sample rate.

Another program is already playing audio through the hardware, please stop all other audio applications to be able to change sample rate.

I’m not aware that I’ve got any other programs running so I don’t understand why this error message is appearing, or what needs to be done to remove it.

I’m using Windows 7, using a Focusrite Saffire 6 USB interface. I’ve checked that I’ve got the latest driver for this installed and I have.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Try de-selecting it as the OS playback device and doing a re-start.

Sorry for the long delay in replying, I’m doing this for my father so I only get chance to try stuff when I’m at his. Unfortunately doing this didn’t work.

I’m not sure whether it’s an issue with the Saffire 6 USB driver or Cubase Elements 6. I’m experiencing some issues with my sound not coming through when I awake the PC from hibernation, so I’m suspecting it may be the driver. I’ve checked and it’s the latest one that’s installed. Unless someone using Cubase has experienced this issue, I’m guessing I’ll need to enquire with Focusrite.

Many thanks anyway.