Error on start-up...

I cant seem to get my SampleTank and Miroslav Philharmonik to work with Cubase Artist 6…

I tried removing the instruments, re-install and placing files in my Cubase - VSTplug-ins folder

I got this(ish) error on start-up: could load vst… check if installed correct…

then I closed Cubase, no Error message on start-up, but no sampletank or miroslav listed in instruments…

Plz help me out here!

Spheroid

Not the correct directory for 3rd party plugs. C:\Programs\Steinberg\VSTPlugins or anywhere but the above. Make sure this directory is set in Plugin Info VST2.x Paths and restart Cubase.

Probably need to delete the BlacklistXML file in Prefs, also.

ahhh okay…

Cant find the blacklist file though… where should it be at?

Knowledge Base -Re-initializing Prefs

Forgive me for being a retard here but searched keyword “initializing Prefs” in Knowledge Base and got nothing…

Okay got it… deleted the blacklist file, set the directory, and fired-up cubase again… only to get the exact same error message… this is starting to get me a bit P.O´ed…

Complete system specs?

Acer Aspire 5750
intellcore i5 2,4 ghz
6gb DDR3
windows 7 - 64bit

Installed the 32bit version of cubase mainly coz I read evrywhere what the 64bit version had problems with the 32bit vst’s (was that a mistake? and if so do I need to re-install completly or can I upgrade somehow?)

You can actually install both versions side by side if you want. They are more or less independent.
HTH
J.L.

Maybe i’ll try that to see if it fixes anything… Amazing that I cant run SampleTank i cubase when tiny Renoise 2.7 does the trick np… Maybe I’ll just use ST in renoise and then rewire to cubase…

Haven’t got it working yet… Just saw that ST and MH is listed inside cubase on the channel efx inserts!?

Someone PLEASE HELP… Would hate for Cubase to be nothing more than a vocal recording software…

Okay so I ran cubase as admin and now I can get inside SampleTank from cubase… But not as an instrument… Its an insert effect??? I get the sound from sampletank inside the sampletank software but that it…

This Is starting really annoy the sh.t out of me…