Error on Startup

Cubase 8.52 Pro
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Komplete 10 Ultimate

Hey guys, have searched the forum and used Google but no joy. Get the following stop error three times after starting Cubase:

[TITLE]Cubase 8.5: Cubase8.5.exe - Entry Point Not Found
[MESSAGE]The procedure entry point ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.

Then I occasionally get a ‘serious error’ as soon as I create a new empty project. I did try and attach the crash dump, but the forum wouldn’t have it. Is there somewhere else I should submit this?

HALP

Hello,

This is an error specific to Windows failing to install the appropriate DLL update. Here are my suggestions that have worked for users with the same issue in the past:

Install Windows Updates:

Go to Start - Control Panel - Windows Update
-Check for updates
-Install all available updates
-After the updates are installed, restart your computer
-After the restart repeat the steps above again until no more updates are available

If you are still experiencing difficulty after running all the updates, please contact Microsoft support to run the Windows update diagnostic program so they can install or repair the missing DLL file.

Thank you.

Hi Alex, Thanks for your quick response, updating did the trick and I no longer get the error.

This was a relatively fresh Win7 install with service pack 1, and I had the updates set to download automatically which is why I was a little surprised as I thought it was updating itself. Turns out Win7 doesn’t behave itself from a fresh install these days and updates just hang there for literally days unless you sort it out manually.

If anyone comes across this thread in a Google search, I solved the updates problem with the below instructions on Reddit:

Once each of the manual updates were done the error on Cubase went away, and I haven’t run automatic Win updates to finish off the remaining Win 7 updates.

Hi Duel,

Glad you’re up and running and thank you for providing the link as reference.