Error opening file - dorico 4

Dear all,

I was working on Dorico 4, and I got this message “Error saving file”. After that, I had to turn my mac off. Now I can’t open the file (nor the backup files). What can I do to recover this?

If you have it, try opening in 3.5. There are a number of bugs that will be fixed in the forthcoming maintenance update. I’ve had 3-4 files already that have either corrupted or refused to open but they all open fine in 3.5.

Also, I’d suggest sending this file to Daniel to have him troubleshoot. D dot Spreadbury at steinberg dot de

I’ve seen this, too, but only in Play mode after adding Synchron Players. I have no idea what’s going on and can’t reproduce it at will. I’m using Dorico 4.

**Leigh

Sorry to hear about this, Carlos. Check in the Backup Projects folder inside your Dorico Projects folder for any existing versions of the project that still open. You can email the broken file to me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de and I’ll see whether we can recover it.

after a few attempts, the file opened - well, a backup file… but fortunately I didn’t lose everything. But now I get the message “error saving file” (not always, but most of the times).

Thank you for your comments and help!

1 Like

If you do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the zip file here, I may be able to tell you why you’re now receiving the “Error saving file” message. If you attach the project itself, that might also allow me to diagnose the problem, if you don’t mind sharing it (or you can send it to me privately via a private message if you prefer).