"Error opening file"

I saved my project before leaving for lunch, and when I got back and rebooted my PC, the file won’t open - I get the message “Error opening file.” Occasionally the file will show a loading screen up to 14%, while also displaying the “Error opening file” message. All other Dorico projects on my computer will load, it’s just this file that’s not working. When I look for previous versions or backups, my PC comes up empty. I really need this file back, I don’t have the music written down elsewhere and I’m in pretty deep.

I haven’t been able to find a forum post that deals with this - sorry if there’s one somewhere I haven’t found!

• enfjedi

Sorry to hear you’ve had this problem, and that your first post to the forum is for such a nightmare scenario! Please email the project to me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de and I’ll take a look to see if I can figure out what might be wrong.

In the meantime, you might have a look inside the ‘Backup Projects’ folder inside ‘Dorico Projects’ in your Documents folder to see if any of the versions saved in there will open without problems.

Hi Daniel, I’ve also just encountered this problem - was working on a plane and my laptop was about to run about of battery, had saved a minute before but saved again just to be safe and the program froze. Now trying to open the file I get the ‘Error opening file’ dialog. Will email you the file.

Update: have recovered from a backup.