Error opening file

Hello!

I spent quite a few hours working on a Dorico project last weekend, but now I can’t open the file. I get the error message “Error opening file”. Any ideas… Other files open just fine.

Best wishes,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,
please have a look at following thread: Can't open file - Dorico - Steinberg Forums
Maybe you are also affected by this.
If that doesn’t help you, could you please attach here the corresponding project file? Or if you don’t want to go so public with it, you could also send as private e-mail. Anyway, we really need the error file.
BTW, this forum will reject Dorico projects as attachments, so you have to zip it up prior to attaching.
Cheers,
Ulf

Hi Ulf,

Thank you for your reply! I seem to have a different problem than what’s described in the other thread. I can open other Dorico files, but with this one I immediately get the error message. Maybe the files has been corrupted somehow, but I don’t understand why.

When I try to attach the file, it says it’s too big. Strange… It would be great if I could email it to you!

thanks!
Daniel

You can email it to me, if you like. My email address is d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de.

I received it already from Daniel Moller…

Hello,
Just wondering if this has been resolved or not…I also have a score which is giving me an error message “Error opening file” but I am able to open other files. I have spent a long time on this and hope it is recoverable.
Thanks

I can’t remember anymore how we solved the problem last time. Please send your broken project file to " u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de " and we will take a closer look at it.

You should also look inside the ‘Backup Projects’ folder inside your ‘Dorico Projects’ folder to see if any of the recent backups of that project can be opened.

Thank you Daniel, the backup file opened without a problem. It does not have my most recent progress, but it’s better than nothing!