"Error saving file" message

Since upgrading to 3.5 about two weeks ago I’ve gotten the message “error saving file” about six times when I’m just trying to save normally. Following the message I am able to quit and restart (though without my changes!). Mostly it has happened after cutting and pasting a large section of material, but today it happened after changing a global notation setting.
Simultaneous to the error message, my sound gets knocked out and is still out when I reopen the file. I get no playback sound and when I go into fix it by clicking on the keyboard button to open up halion, “first contact” is loaded to channel 1 instead of the instrument I’m working with.
Wondering if it is an install issue…
Using a mac.

What’s the location of your Project Backup Files folder? Preferences–General–Files. That’s a shot in the dark.

You’ll probably want to upload a diagnostics report here.

I don’t think this is likely to be an installation issue, but rather a problem with the eLicenser. mmherron, are you using the USB-eLicenser? I’ll send you a private message with something you can try.

I’m also having having this problem with Dorico 3.5.

Daniel, could you also send me the solution please?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum, MHoile. I’m sorry you’re having this problem. Can you please check that you are running the latest version of eLicenser Control Center, which is version 6.12? You can download it from here. It’s also worth checking that you are running the latest available version of Dorico itself, which is 3.5.10 for Mac and 3.5.11 for Windows; you can download an update, if you need it, here.

If neither of these give you any joy, please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file to a reply here, and I’ll take a deeper look.