Error Starting WL8 on Windows 7 32bitPC

Hi PG,

No it’s not the 9 update, but the version I have works fine On 64bit PC and not at all on 32bit and ME 1.5 works fine on 32bit and not 64bit

I posted thread about this before I upgraded to WL8 a few weeks ago

Thanks,
Scott

Hi PG,

Strange now after a few hours the Waves plugins work (directx and VST) along with the ME 1.5 on the Windows 7 32bit PC I got from work

Don’t know how this is working but I got error messages on every startup of WL8. Once it opened if I picked any Waves plugins it would say a serious error has occured. The waves plugin would show in Master Section slot and a small box would show where the plugin would be but you could not do anything with it.

The PC from work had a default username/account on it. I installed a bunch of software and then realized this so I then created a new profile and copied all the folders from original profile to the new one. This is not easy in Windows 7 Control Panel\System\Advanced System Settings\ Advanced Tab\User Profiles\Settings…all doing this in another user account created to be able to copy from old one to the new one using a great program called Windows Enabler 1.1 but once finished I had exact same desktop with new profile as I had with old one. I was checking to see if programs opened correctly and when I got to WL8 no error messages and when I selected the waves plugins they opened with no errors.

Not saying this fixed it but it does now work in Windows 7 32bit (All Waves and all (6) ME 1.5 pliugins)…Now only if I can get the ME 1.5 plugins to work on 64bit PC…I know some would say just use 32bit PC but thats crazy it only sees 4GB of ram total (see Microsoft) compared to the 16GB I have on the 64 bit PC. The 32bit with 4GB of ram is noticeably slower then my 64 bit PC with 16GBs of ram

I did notice when installing the ME 1.5 on the 32 bit PC it created a folder C:\Steinberg\VstPlugins\VstPlugins and all the ME 1.5 dll are located there. I created same folder setup on the 64bit PC but WL8 did not list them in the MS even after force detection of plugins at startup. It looked like WL showed the folder location of the ME 1.5 plugins and went through all of them as the plugin detection window was going through the plugins but once WL opened the ME 1.5 were not listed in the master section

Thanks,
Scott

Phillipe-

You state earlier that WL 8 should work on any computer with a key and 7 running on it…One of my computers is an XP machine that has successfully run WL 7 for quite a while (I know that I can’t really deal with bugs on this machine because of the XP), but WL8 will not, seemingly, install…and seems also to have undone the edition of WL7 that existed, in that I now get a message warning me that WL7 license will expire shortly. So, 2 questions:

1)Will it be possible to install WL8 on this machine or not?

2)How can I go about getting WL7 to reestablish itself on this machine?

1)Will it be possible to install WL8 on this machine or not?

Not if this is XP

2)How can I go about getting WL7 to reestablish itself on this machine?

Just resinstall and run.